- Chelsea closing in on signing Gonzalo Higuain
- Juventus are open to the idea of selling Higuain if a deal is cut
Chelsea are currently leading the race to sign Gonzalo Higuain this summer according to reports.
The club is expected to announce Maurizio Sarri as new manager once a severance package is agreed with Antonio Conte, with the incoming manager being said to have identified Gonzalo Higuain as a key target.
Sarri worked with the 30-year-old Argentina international at Napoli and is eager for a reunion at Chelsea following Alvaro Morata’s struggles in the Premier League since his arrival at Stamford Bridge.
According to Calciomercato, Juventus are open to the idea of selling Higuain if they can agree on a deal with Inter Milan to acquire Mauro Icardi as his replacement in Turin.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
However, there is the seeming challenge of a €70m offer being demanded for Higuain in order to help fund the potential move for Icardi who is believed will cost around €100m
Higuain joined Juventus from Napoli in 2016 and has scored 55 goals in 105 games for the Old Ladies in all competitions in that time.