- Belgian international linked with a move away from Chelsea.
- PSG and Real Madrid are in race to sign Chelsea Number one.
Belgian reporter Kristof Terreur has confirmed that Thibaut Courtois held talks with PSG over a potential summer transfer. The Belgium goalie helped Chelsea to an FA Cup triumph over Manchester United at Wembley last Saturday.
Courtois has won two Premier League titles with Chelsea, 1 FA Cup and 1 League Cup since his return from Atletico Madrid in 2014. He was favored ahead of veteran goalie Petr Cech, and has gone on to establish himself as one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League since then, alongside the likes of Manchester City’s Ederson and Manchester United’s David Da Gea.
The 26-year-old has been constantly linked with a move to Real Madrid as his former girlfriend and two kids reside in the Spanish capital.
However, Terreur has suggested that the Belgian has been in talks with PSG amid the uncertainty surrounding his future at Stamford Bridge.
“He has held talks with PSG. PSG’s director of football has been in London to talk about the project with Courtois,” Terreur said in a chat with Transfer Talk podcast.
“He could go back to Atletico Madrid if Jan Oblak leaves. At the moment I don’t see him signing a new deal with Chelsea unless he doesn’t get his transfer.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
Meanwhile, should Courtois remain at Chelsea, he’ll play no part in next season’s UEFA Champions League as the club missed out for the second time in three seasons.
Earlier reports by savechelsea.net shows that SARRI WON’T BLOCK COURTOIS’ MOVE TO MADRID.
Maurizio Sarri has refused to be drawn into comments which were made by Thibaut Courtois’s agent insisting that the player wants to join Real Madrid.
Thibaut Courtois is out of contract at Stamford Bridge next summer and is reportedly available for sale at £35m.