Maurizio Sarri’s move to Chelsea is almost done according to reports from Italian newspaper Corriere dela Sera. According to the report, the move is very close and everything will be sorted out within a week, with Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola to act as his assistant.
It is believed that a payment of €5m to Napoli for Sarri has become the new way to proceed with the deal, all this based on if an agreement can be reached between the Chelsea and Sarri on the transfer of players.
It has been speculated that the likes of Raul Albiol and Elseid Hysaj could follow Sarri to Stamford Bridge while the likes of Koulibaly and Zielinski are other possibilities.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Chelsea will play attacking football under Lampard
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
Meanwhile, it is believed that a total agreement has been agreed between Chelsea and Sarri, in which the Italian manager will receive €5m per year, probably after tax, and a further €1m if he qualifies the Blues to the Champions League. The contract will last for two years, with Chelsea having the option to extend the contract by a third.
An agreement is also said to have been reached with Gianfranco Zola, although the details can only be finalized after he completes his World Cup job with a South African TV channel.