- Gonzalo Higuain to end up at Chelsea if Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri becomes our next manager
- Conte to leave even if he wins the FA finals against Manchester United
- Maurizio Sarri will likely want to reunite with Gonzalo Higuain
Emerging reports suggest that Gonzalo Higuain will end up in a Chelsea shirt if Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri gets the nod as Chelsea’s next manager upon the potential departure of Antonio Conte.
Chelsea ended the current campaign with a lackluster performance which culminated in a 3 nil loss away to Rafa Benitez’ Newcastle at St James’ Park.
Meanwhile, Conte’s future at Chelsea is in the balance and this may be irrespective of Chelsea’s next result in the final of the FA Cup against Manchester United at Wembley this Saturday. Recent speculations have placed Napoli boss Sarri as the frontrunner to replace Conte at Stamford Bridge.
READ: Cahill – We were poor
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Emerson “Only Thinks Of Chelsea” – Agent
- Chelsea Take Final Decision On Selling Ross Barkley
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
Tuttosport have claimed that Sarri will look to reunite with Higuain should he make the move to Stamford Bridge. The Argentine scored 35 goals in 36 games under Sarri at Napoli before his £79m release clause was paid by Juventus. Tuttosport have now disclosed that the Turin outfit will be willing to let Higuain leave for £44m this summer.
In a chat with FourFourTwo, Napoli’s president Aurelio de Laurentiis in the course of discussing Sarri’s future said:
“Will Sarri be here for pre-season? I hope so.”
“I clearly have fewer doubts than you if you’re asking that question, but I can’t hold anyone by force.”
“We have an appointment next week.”
Meanwhile, We had earlier reported that AMPADU is likely to join championship side Derby county or Villa by January
Ampadu has only played twice under sarri. Sarri is not likely to play him in the midfield as he is just 18years old and lacks the experience to fit into sarriball ‘s style of play. The Wales midfielder has Kante and Jorginho to contend with. Jorginho was recently bought by sarri and would enjoy a better playing time ahead of the others.