- Academy graduate wants a major role at Chelsea.
- Ruben Loftus-cheek believes he deserves more playing time after his goal on Sunday.
Chelsea star Ruben Loftus-Cheek has insisted that more game time will make him a better player for the club. The England international came on as a substitute to score the second goal for the Blues against Fulham in the West London derby at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Speaking after the game, he said:
“When I get time to play I am always doing my best. This season it looked like I am getting time in the Europa League and I had to be ready for that, and if I do well in the Europa League then maybe I will get more minutes in the Premier League, like this game and I will try to do my best.”
“The more I play the better I feel and the better I play. Days like this I get my time to play and try to take it, whether that is a goal or an assist or making blocks. I have to do things both defensively and offensively.”
“I thought we needed that cushion because Fulham were dangerous, definitely in the last 20 minutes, so it was good to get the goal to take a bit of pressure off us.
“I tried to lay the ball off to Eden and I turned, and there was a big space in front and luckily he played the ball through and I finished it.
“We needed to follow the game at Tottenham up with a win on Thursday and in this game as well in the Premier League. It is a tough game playing Fulham and credit to them because they were dangerous at times, they have a new manager now and they look solid, so a tough game for us and good to get the win.”
Ruben-Loftus Cheek came to the rescue for the Blues who were average at best against the bottom-placed team in the Premier League.
Loftus Cheek now has 5 goals in his last 6 games for Chelsea in all competitions. The player is eager to make a mark at Chelsea, and hopefully, Maurizio Sarri gives him the chance to express himself prominently at Chelsea.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
The youngster was recently linked with a move away from Chelsea to get playing time as reported by savechelsea.net That LOFTUS-CHEEK TO SEEK EXIT IN JANUARY. Click here to read more on Ruben Loftus-Cheek.