- Robinho disclosed he had it in Mind to Move to Chelsea and not Manchester City in 2008.
- He pointed out that the move to Man City is a result of Madrid’s frustrations.
Robinho has revealed that he initially planned to join Chelsea in 2008 but opted for Manchester City after a dispute between Real Madrid and Chelsea.
Robinho who played for Los Blancos from 2005 to 2008 before moving to the Etihad in £32.5 million deal was one of the first major signings in the Sheikh Mansour era.
The Brazilian managed to score 14 goals in 41 games for the Citizens before a loan to Santos and sale to AC Milan.
Regardless, Robinho has pointed out that the move to Man City would not have materialized if not for Madrid’s frustrations with Chelsea at the time.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
“My main goal was to move to Chelsea – Big Phil [Scolari] had said I could make the difference for him as his squad, according to him, was not creative enough,”
“But Real Madrid had fallen out with Chelsea – they didn’t like them selling shirts with my name on before the deal had been done.”
I am pretty sure that this error was one of the main reasons why the transfer failed, as it was a matter of pride for Real Madrid.”
“And they were also reluctant to let me move to a club that was playing in the Champions League the same season – Chelsea were, but City weren’t.”
“I moved to a great club and they welcomed me in the best way. I had one-and-a-half years of joy in Manchester, despite the city being a lot colder than Madrid!”
Robinho has gone on to play for Milan, Santos, Guangzhou Evergrande, Atletico Mineiro after his departure from City.
He currently plays for Sivasspor in the Turkish league.
Savechelsea.net earlier report that On-loan Chelsea defender desiring to move to Everton.
Also, click to read more on Adrien Rabiot’s possible move to Stamford Bridge…