Chelsea are facing competition from Serie A outfit AS Roma for the acquisition of Bayern Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey. The Serie A side are on the lookout for another wide man after Barcelona stole the deal for former Bordeaux winger Malcolm from under their noses.
It is believed that Willian could be set to stay at Stamford Bridge and Chelsea are considering making a bid for Bailey. Meanwhile, Roma have been strongly linked with the 20-year-old attacker, and his father and agent, Craig Butler said:
“Roma were interested in Leon a couple of years ago, but since then I haven’t heard from the Giallorossi.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Barcelona keep a close eye on €50m-rated Chelsea prolific forward
- Chelsea To Wait On Callum Hudson-Odoi
- Chelsea Identifies Barcelona Star To Replace Eden Hazard
- Sarri waiting for news on the extent of Morata’s injury
- Barca in talks to sign Willian in January
- Willian – We fear no one in the Premier League
- Willian poised to put the past behind him
- Willian keen to remain at Chelsea
- Sarri – I’m very lucky to have Chelsea’s attackers
- Sarri – Hazard can be the best in Europe
“Being linked to a great club like Roma is an honor if it were true. I don’t know if Roma are speaking to some intermediary, but they’d have to talk to me.
“It wouldn’t be wise not to listen to Roma, but always respecting our agreement with Bayer Leverkusen, a club that has my respect.”
Regardless of whether Willian stays or goes, the Brazilian is close to 30, and there’ll surely be a need for an exciting winger to spice up Chelsea’s attacks down the right flanks to ease the pressure on Eden Hazard. Chelsea definitely need this signing and should go all out for their man so the side can have quality depth to fall back on.