- The Chelsea defender expresses doubts regarding Eden Hazard’s aim to reach 40 goals this season.
- Eden Hazard has been splendid from the first day of the season; he currently shoulders the responsibilities of Alvaro Morata in setting goals.
- Eden Hazard is the spearhead of Chelsea’s attack and he has been used in an advanced false-nine role by Maurizio Sarri.
Chelsea playmaker Eden Hazard returned to scoring form last weekend against Brighton and increased his tally to 8 goals in the Premier League.
The Belgian has been deployed as a false 9 in the last two games and the decision has paid off significantly.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- Antonio Breaks Silence After Being Dropped In Liverpool Clash
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
Rudiger said: “He is a leader. He provides a good example, not by speaking but by showing. He gets kicked often, because he is good”.
“With respect to the others, I think in the Premier League they are not stupid players, so to reach 40 goals? Maybe he can do it.
“But what he does is OK. We need to respect the other teams, it’s not like they are bad or something.
“He does not have too much of an ego. If he sees other players standing in a better position, he plays them in.”
Regardless, Eden Hazard has not shown himself to be much of a goalscorer since he joined Chelsea from Lille. Therefore, Sarri’s target for the Belgian, I daresay, is unrealistic at best.
Hazard’s best goal return in a single season since he started his senior career was at Lille in the Ligue 1 when he scored 22 goals in all competitions. He moved to Chelsea the following season.
Meanwhile, his best goal tally for Chelsea in a single season is 19 goals during Jose Mourinho’s time at Chelsea in the 2014/15 season.
There’s hope he could surpass that this season based on how he has started. However, it remains to be seen if he’s up for it.
Meanwhile, SaveChelsea.net reported that Eden Hazard is happy to get back on the scoresheet after impressing in a false-nine role against EPL side, against Brighton and Hove Albion. The Chelsea and Belgium playmaker is happy to get back on form and help the Blues challenge for silverware this season.