- Rudiger cautions Sallah ahead of encounter that he wont be soft on him.
- This clash would be a test of the Chelsea mettle in the defense.
Both players donned the shirts of AS Roma last season in the Serie A with their exploits attracting transfer interests from some of Europe’s elite before their moves to their respective Premier League clubs.
Salah has been an instant hit at Anfield as well as the Premier League while Rudiger has had to make do with a season at Chelsea where they’ve been blighted by inconsistencies thus far.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea star likens Reds defender to the best center half ahead of Super Cup clash
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
Liverpool travel to Stamford Bridge in a game where the result will be a factor in the likelihood of both teams making it to the UEFA Champions League next season, with both sides having final games in other competitions to prepare for.
He told Football Focus:
“If I play, it will be a direct duel against Salah. The good thing is, I’m not slow!”
Regardless of the events of the game, Rudiger expressed delight that he had a close friend blossoming at Liverpool. He went on to admit that he never expected Salah to be having a tremendous season as he is, currently at Anfield, although he believed that Salah would have his potentials fully unlocked somewhere.
“He’s the most polite guy I have ever met in football. He’s a fantastic person.”
“Of course you are always a bit surprised but I know his ability, his potential and I knew he would be good for Liverpool.”
Also, we also reported that Jurgen Klopp has said he wont rest any of his star players ahead of this crucial encounter.
Jurgen Klopp has insisted that he won’t rest his key players when Liverpool visit Stamford Bridge on Sunday regardless of their upcoming UCL final against Real Madrid.
Do you think Rudiger wiil be able to keep Sallah at bay?
Kindly comment in the box below.