Ahead of the Russia 2018 World Cup, a host of Chelsea contingent will be representing their country and Chelsea eyes will surely be on Eden Hazard who’ll be leading the Belgium side in the competition. Other representatives from the Blues for Belgium include Michy Batshauyi and goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois.
The Belgium team has a host of stars playing in Europe’s major leagues and they’ll be looking to stand out in the course of the tournament. However, the Chelsea playmaker appeared to take a swipe at England as he insisted that England’s golden generation which paraded the likes of David Beckham, Steven Gerrard, Michael Own, etc, won nothing, whilst expressing the belief that the current Belgium golden generation would do better.
“The golden generation you had in England, 10 years or 15 years ago, won nothing. Now I think the fans, journalists, all of Belgium, the country just want to win something. We have a golden generation,” Hazard told reporters.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
- Chelsea Star, Eden Hazard Spotted With A Real Madrid Shirt
- Maurizio Sarri asks to be released from his Chelsea contract after agreeing Juventus move
- Records for all goalscorer in thrilling UEL final
This will definitely add more spark for Belgium’s final game in Group G against England on June 28. They start their campaign against Panama on June 18, before the clash against Tunisia.