Ahead of the Russia 2018 World Cup, a host of Chelsea contingent will be representing their country and Chelsea eyes will surely be on Eden Hazard who’ll be leading the Belgium side in the competition. Other representatives from the Blues for Belgium include Michy Batshauyi and goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois.
The Belgium team has a host of stars playing in Europe’s major leagues and they’ll be looking to stand out in the course of the tournament. However, the Chelsea playmaker appeared to take a swipe at England as he insisted that England’s golden generation which paraded the likes of David Beckham, Steven Gerrard, Michael Own, etc, won nothing, whilst expressing the belief that the current Belgium golden generation would do better.
“The golden generation you had in England, 10 years or 15 years ago, won nothing. Now I think the fans, journalists, all of Belgium, the country just want to win something. We have a golden generation,” Hazard told reporters.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- I can’t wait, i just want to get started- Christian Pulisic
This will definitely add more spark for Belgium’s final game in Group G against England on June 28. They start their campaign against Panama on June 18, before the clash against Tunisia.