- Willian states he will be tough on Hazard when their countries clash at the world cup.
- The Brazillian is keen on maintaining his starting 11 position in his National team.
Chelsea attacker and Brazil international Willian has admitted that his friendship with Chelsea teammate Eden Hazard will be put aside when Brazil face Belgium in the quarter-finals of the Russia 2018 World Cup.
The pair who have played together at Stamford Bridge for the last five years will come up against each other in Kazan as they attempt to help their national sides seal qualification to the last 4 stages of the World Cup tournament.
Willian will be looking to keep his place in the starting 11 after a man of the match performance against Mexico while Eden Hazard will surely start as Belgium captain.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Blues target not close to a new deal at United
- Russia 2018 – Willian eager to beat humble Hazard
- Chelsea’s top 4 performers in Russia 2018 thus far
- Hazard and co survive Japan KO scare in Russia
- Chelsea to keep Loftus-Cheek next season
- Russia 2018 – How Chelsea players have fared
- Hazard contacted Real Madrid on a possible transfer before UCL final
Willian spoke ahead of the encounter in a game that will see him come up against other Chelsea teammates in Thibaut Courtois and Michy Batshuayi. He said:
“He is a very humble player and I like being with him on a daily basis at club level.”
“But now it is time for each of us to defend our corner and I hope to come out on top. He is one of the best players in the world, but now I am on a different side and I want to do everything to win.”
“I know we will remain friends after.”
Barcelona are reportedly in talks to sign Willian in the January transfer window after making contact with the player’s representatives. Willian’s playing time in Stamford Bridge has been limited recently. Click the link to read more.
Who would come out victorious in this epic clash?
Kindly leave a comment in the box below.