Reports from Daily Mail suggest that West Bromwich striker Salomon Rondon has emerged as a shock target for Chelsea this summer. The 28-year-old can leave West Brom for £16m this summer due to a relegation release clause in his current deal at the Hawthorns and is one of the high profile players to be sold by the club.
The likes of Johnny Evans and Nacer Chadli will also leave but Rondon is a surprise target for the Blues who might face competition for the player from London rivals Tottenham.
Meanwhile, West Ham being managed by Manuel Pellegrini seems to be the most likely destination for the Venezuela striker.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
- Chelsea Star, Eden Hazard Spotted With A Real Madrid Shirt
- Maurizio Sarri asks to be released from his Chelsea contract after agreeing Juventus move
- Alvaro Morata speaks on his future ahead of the summer
However, stats from Whoscored indicate that only three players won more aerial duels in the Premier League than Rondon last season (162).
Savechelsea.net also report other Chelsea transfer target in the summer, According to Marina Granovskaia.
The Blues director has made known the club’s interest in players that will add to stenghten the team after confirmation of their new coach as Italian Maurizio sarri from Napoli.