- Chelsea newly appointed manager likens job to former club at recent interview.
- Sarri reveals his objectives at Chelsea is similar to what he did with Napoli.
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has revealed that his current job at Chelsea is very similar to his previous job at Napoli.
It can be recalled that Napoli slipped out of the top 4 in Benitez’ final season in 2015 before Maurizio Sarri arrived the following season and helped them to a second place finish.
Prior to his appointment at Napoli, they had trailed Juventus by 24 points. However, his last season saw Napoli trail Juventus by just 4 points.
Chelsea were 30 points behind Manchester City last season after a dreadful campaign under Antonio Conte, but the Blues are just 2 points behind City in the ongoing league campaign.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Lampard’s link as Chelsea manager is derided and ridiculous
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Why Jose Mourinho should not return to Chelsea
- Chelsea advised to make Nuno Espirinto their next manager.
- Christensen wants to stay at Chelsea amid Sarri transfer speculation
Although may folks are hoping to see Chelsea emerge as winners or be close to the winners by May, Sarri is only focused on closing the gap at present.
In a chat with the club’s official website, Sarri said:
“When I arrived in Naples the gap was 24 points, in my last season it was only four points, so I think that we worked very well”
“When I arrived here the gap was 30 points, so the first step is to try to cover the gap, and we are trying.
“I don’t know how many points we can cover in the near future, but first we are trying to cover the gap, then we can think something different. But at the moment we need to think only that we need to cover the gap.”
Speaking on rotation ahead of the hectic end of the year schedule, he added:
“The rotation at the moment is this, but I don’t know in the future, We use 26 players in this season.”
“I have to look at the other competitions, 90 minutes and 90 minutes in the League Cup, the Europa League, the Premier League.”
“I have to look also at the minutes in the national teams, so I think the rotation is good.”
“But maybe in the future it will be different.”
“If you look at December, January, you need to change also in the Premier League because we play every three days in the Premier League.”
savechelsea.net also narrated that Sarri claims chelsea may need 100 points to win title.
Speaking after the weekend game, Sarri opened that Chelsea may need to amass at least 100 points to stand a chance of beating impressive Liverpool and Manchester City to the Premier League title.