- Everton takes a point at Stamford Bridge.
- The Blues fired from all cylinders but couldn’t break a very resilient Everton side.
Chelsea failed to take their chances in their Premier League game against Everton on Sunday as the away side made away with a precious point from Stamford Bridge.
Everton came prepared for the game and defied all Chelsea’s attempts as goalkeeper Jordan Pickford and the goalpost were on hand to ensure that Maurizio Sarri’s men didn’t garner all three points.
Speaking after the game, Sarri opined that Chelsea may need to amass at least 100 points to stand a chance of beating Liverpool and Manchester City to the Premier League title. He said:
“To be honest, I didn’t like very much the first 25 minutes because, like in the match against Crystal Palace, we started the match moving the ball very slowly. So it was impossible for us to be dangerous, and easy for the opponents to defend”
“Why it happened is a very good question and very difficult to answer. I don’t know. I don’t think the problem is a physical problem because, in the last two or three matches, the effort was the same.”
“In the second half we played at another speed, at another intensity, so I don’t think it’s a physical problem. Maybe a mental problem.”
“We have some difficulties approaching the match from a mental point of view, maybe. I don’t know. It’s very difficult to answer.”
“I think that, during a championship like the Premier League, this can happen to any team, a match like this. So I don’t know. I don’t think so, but at this moment the average of points of City, Liverpool is very high.”
“I think about 100 points. So it’s very difficult to stay close to these teams. But I don’t know. I hope that a match like our match today will happen in the future to other teams.”
“Not in the last three matches because, as I said to my players, in the last three matches we created few goal opportunities in relation to how much we played. So, at this moment, it’s maybe a little problem.”
“But three matches is a very short time, so I don’t know. Maybe it’s a chance. But we have to be careful, I think. In the last three matches, you are right.”
“We can do better. But I think we are playing very well. But I’m really very proud of the record. I know very well I have to say thank you to the club and thank you to my players.”
“Finally, I have to say thank you to my staff. But, of course, I’d prefer three points today.”
SaveChelsea.net also reported that in the Europa League competition, Hazard will play against Bate Borisov amidst injury scare however, Morata and Fabregas will be absent.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
Maurizio Sarri has confirmed that Eden Hazard will feature for Chelsea when they play against Bate Borisov away at Belarus in the Europa League on Thursday. A win for Chelsea will seal them a place in the next round of the competition with 2 games left to go.