- Maurizio Sarri laments on the poor performance of his Defence.
- The Blues garnered all three points to keep them in the title race despite a defective defence.
Maurizio Sarri has urged Chelsea’s defense to improve after they put up an average performance in the 1 nil win over Videoton in the Europa League.
Morata scored the winner on the night and this enabled the Blues to garner all 3 points although the visitors had chances to put Chelsea to the sword.
Emerson Palmieri cleared a header off the line in the opening minutes.
The likes of Loic Nego and substitute Istvan Kovacs came close to scoring the Blues although Kepa was on hand to thwart some attempts with some spectacular saves.
“It was very hard,” Sarri said. “In the first half, we had opportunities to score, we didn’t take them and so in the second half it was very hard.”
“It was an important three points, we created a lot of opportunities, but we conceded some to our opponents. We have to do better in the defensive phase and avoid counter-attacks.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
SaveChelsea.net also reported that Spanish journalist, Balague has adviced Sarri that he must utilize squad depth.
Spanish football journalist Guillem Balague has adviced Sarri to use his bench more in order, not to burnout key players in the course of the season. Click to read more on Sarri…