Maurizio Sarri has stated that Eden Hazard can establish himself as the best player in Europe if he wants to be.
Hazard has been a hit at Chelsea with his performances sometimes drawing comparisons with Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Belgian could be set for his first start of the 2018/19 Premier League season against Arsenal this Saturday.
The player is expected to impress this season after the key part he played for Belgium in the Russia 2018 World Cup.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
Sarri said: “We are talking about one of the most important players in Europe now but, in my opinion, he can improve more. He can be the first.
“It depends on him. The best for technical skill, the best for scoring, but I think it depends only on him. On his mind.”
Meanwhile, Sarri expects Hazard and fellow teammate Willian to remain at the club this summer. Hazard is entering his seventh season at Chelsea and has won the Premier League twice.
The Belgium international had hinted that he was ready for a new challenge after finishing third with Belgium in the Russia 2018 World Cup.
The player has been reportedly linked with a move to Real Madrid and has just 2 years left on his current contract, although deliberations over an extension have been ongoing.
The Spanish transfer window shuts on August 31 but Sarri has expressed confidence that Hazard will spend the 2018/19 season with Chelsea.