Maurizio Sarri has hinted that Eden Hazard will remain with Chelsea for the upcoming season after he held positive talks with the Belgium international.
Hazard returned from an extended break earlier this week after his exertions with Belgium at the Russia 2018 World Cup.
He scored the winning penalty as Chelsea ended pre-season in a shootout win over Lyon at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday evening.
The player came on as a substitute to a rapturous welcome from the Blues faithful present at Stamford Bridge for the game.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- I can’t wait, i just want to get started- Christian Pulisic
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
Hazard has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid this summer but Sarri has confirmed that he has held talks with the attacker more than once.
This could be an indication that the talks of an exit have been resolved and that the player might be set to remain with the Blues for the 2018/19 season.
After Tuesday’s game, Sarri said:
“I have spoken with Eden two or three times in the last two days.
“He has spoken of everything. I think this problem – the Hazard problem – is not present now.”
Sarri also applauded midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek. The player might stay with the club this season.
Sarri added: “He’s potentially a great player.
“He has to improve from a tactical point of view but I think it’s not a problem.
“He is very young, he can be a very useful player for us.”