- Chelsea lacks depth in striking position.
- Morata’s goal to boost his confidence.
Maurizio Sarri has backed under-fire striker Alvaro Morata to restart his season after he found the back of the net in Chelsea’s 1 nil win against Videoton in the Europa League.
The goal was just the striker’s second in 10 games this season, and it came after he had missed a sitter in the first half of the game.
The striker who appears to be suffering from lack of confidence got the winner on the night and Sarri hopes he continues scoring.
the Italian said.
“It’s very important for him to score, He played a very good match. I think Alvaro can restart from this performance.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Alvaro Morata wants Madrid stay
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
Morata joined Chelsea in the 2017/18 season in a club record deal under Antonio Conte and has struggled to adapt after impressing in his first few games.
Meanwhile, the Blues appear to lack depth in the striking position as Olivier Giroud is the other alternative.
Therefore, the club can only stick with the duo till the winter transfer window opens, hoping they start scoring consistently.
“At the moment we have Alvaro and Giroud but we have to play every three days for a long time,”
“And so (Morata) is a very important player for us, for our season. For Alvaro Morata, it’s very important to score and very important to play well too for the team, like he did in this match.”
Chelsea now top Group L in the Europa League with 6 points and 2 goals in 2 games.
Seems like Morata is no longer needed by Chelsea as they look to offer Morata plus cash for the services of Argentine Mauro Icardi.
Reports by Football Italia suggest that Chelsea may be set to offer€40 million plus Alvaro Morata to sign Inter Milan forward Mauro Icardi. Morata failed to hit his peak in his first season at Stamford Bridge and has been linked with a move to Serie A giants Juventus. Click to read more on Morata…
Kindly leave a comment below.