- Despite perfect start Sarri admits Chelsea is not on rivals level.
- Humble Sarri insists Chelsea cannot match Man City and Liverpool.
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has admitted that Chelsea would struggle against the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City with the way they’ve played this season.
The Blues have made a bright start in the Premier League under Maurizio Sarri with 5 wins from 5 games thus far.
They now lead the pack in the Premier League as they sit on top of the table above the aforementioned teams.
However, Cardiff boss Neil Warnock noted that Chelsea had some defensive shortcomings which meant that they would struggle against top sides.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
Apparently, Sarri agrees with the verdict by Warnock. He said:
“I think he is right. Because we are very dangerous in the defensive phase, we need to improve there. But I think we can do it.
“Eight players joined us this summer. So I think it’s normal that in this period we have some defensive problems. We can cope with the problems with the quality in the offensive phase, but not in the defensive phase.
“So I have to organise better the defensive phase and the players have to understand that. I think my opinion in this moment, two teams, Liverpool and Manchester City are better than us.
savechelsea.net recently reported that andreas christensen wants to stay at Chelsea.
Christensen was a key man in Antonio Conte’s second season in charge of the Blues but has gotten just 4 Premier League appearances this season.