Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has expressed the belief that Alvaro Morata is improving on his performances at Chelsea.
However, he added that the striker has to score to regain his confidence.
Morata is already getting used to life under Sarri’s reign since he was appointed to replace Antonio Conte ahead of the 2018/19 football season.
The Spaniard played the full 90 minutes of Chelsea’s opener away to Huddersfield Town but failed to find the back of the net in a 3 nil victory.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Alvaro Morata wants Madrid stay
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
Regardless, Morata will be hoping to start and score for Chelsea when the Blues host Arsenal this weekend at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League.
Sarri admitted that the player is showing plenty of promise but added that he needs to step up and start putting away chances as they come.
“Against Huddersfield I think he was better than in pre-season.
“He needs to score, but every striker in the world needs to score.
“In the first half we had a problem pressing against their three defenders and it was a surprise for us because in pre-season Huddersfield had played 4-2-3-1, so this was their first time with three defenders and I had some problem in the first part of the game because of this.”
Chelsea will be hoping for a win against Arsenal this weekend to make it 2 wins in 2 games. Meanwhile, Arsenal succumbed toa 2 nil defeat to Man City at the Emirates.