- Victor Moses does not make Sarri’s first eleven.
- The Nigerian International lost his touch as a winger under former coach Antonio Conte.
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has explained that Victor Moses has not been included in the lineup this season because he is not yet fit to play as a winger.
Sarri disclosed that Moses would be deployed as a winger this season as against the right wingback role he was made to play under former Chelsea boss Antonio Conte.
Moses appears to have found himself out of favor thus far and has only played 11 minutes in the present campaign.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
It was expected that Maurizio Sarri would revert to his preferred 4-3-3 role after his arrival.
This led to questions on what the future had for the likes of Moses who thrived in the unfamiliar wingback role although he was traditionally a winger.
According to Sarri, Moses needs to get up to speed with the demands of being a winger.
This is obviously a touch Moses has lost since he was made to focus more on defensive duties than on the attack as a wingback
“Because he changed the position in the pitch. Now we are trying to let him play like a winger.”
SaveChelsea.net also reported that Victor Moses was given a red card in an FA Cup final in Wembley.
Victor Moses hopes to make amends on the worst moment of his football life which is the red card he received in last season’s FA Cup final against Arsenal at Wembley.
Does Moses play better as a winger or a right back?
Kindly post comments in the box below.