Reports are rife that Sarri will have a chat with Willian to find out more about his late return to pre-season training. The Brazilian returned to training five days later than requested.
His late return was apparently due to passport issues. This development came up amid rumors of interests from Barcelona and Real Madrid.
The player played no part in the friendly against Arsenal, and when Sarri was asked about the player’s situation, he responded:
“It’s strange,” Sarri said. “I am not happy about this situation but before I answer, I would like to speak to him.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Why Jose Mourinho should not return to Chelsea
- Sarri’s Juventus contract being held for one reason
- Insigne believes Sarri’s move to Juventus would be betrayal.
- Maurizio Sarri asks to be released from his Chelsea contract after agreeing Juventus move
- It would surprise Jorginho if ice cool manager leaves.
Willian has been heavily linked with a summer exit, and there are fears that he might be following Diego Costa’s lead.
This is because Costa gave a similar reason last summer before demanding a move away from Stamford Bridge.
Willian is a close friend to Costa and is also represented by the same agency, so it’s not far-fetched if sources from the club have expressed any worries over the situation.
Chelsea will now face Manchester City in the community shield on Sunday, and then a friendly against Lyon before their Premier League opener against Huddersfield on 11 August.