Reports are rife that Sarri will have a chat with Willian to find out more about his late return to pre-season training. The Brazilian returned to training five days later than requested.
His late return was apparently due to passport issues. This development came up amid rumors of interests from Barcelona and Real Madrid.
The player played no part in the friendly against Arsenal, and when Sarri was asked about the player’s situation, he responded:
“It’s strange,” Sarri said. “I am not happy about this situation but before I answer, I would like to speak to him.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
Willian has been heavily linked with a summer exit, and there are fears that he might be following Diego Costa’s lead.
This is because Costa gave a similar reason last summer before demanding a move away from Stamford Bridge.
Willian is a close friend to Costa and is also represented by the same agency, so it’s not far-fetched if sources from the club have expressed any worries over the situation.
Chelsea will now face Manchester City in the community shield on Sunday, and then a friendly against Lyon before their Premier League opener against Huddersfield on 11 August.