- Sarri still hopefull in his under performing striking duo.
- Sarri confident that they will pick up form soon.
Maurizio Sarri has insisted he is not worried about his misfiring strikers Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud.
Morata has attracted heavy criticisms for his performance in front of goal this season having scored just thrice in 12 games while Giroud is yet to find the back of the net in 10 games.
In a chat with newsmen, the Italian said:
“We know the characteristics of Giroud. Usually, he does not score a lot of goals in a season but he is always very useful for the team. So Giroud is not a problem for us”
“Morata has scored two goals for us in his last five matches, but I think they will be able to do better. The most important thing is that we continue to play this football.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Why Jose Mourinho should not return to Chelsea
- Chelsea World cup winners recieve Legion of Honours medal.
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
“One month ago we were concerned about the fact the midfielders weren’t scoring. Now in the last three matches they have scored good goals.”
“I think if we are able to continue to play this football, maybe the strikers will be able to score.”
Did you miss our story on Sarri’s rotation plan for Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud.
Maurizio Sarri has revealed that Alvaro Morata is not a guaranteed starter at Chelsea. The Spaniard will now be rotated with Olivier Giroud on a game-by-game basis and this will depend on the lineup and formation that the opposition puts up. Click the link to read.
Whats your thoughts on this?
Kindly comment in the box below.