- Chelsea’s new boss impressed with his players at Stamford Bridge.
- The Blues have a daunting task as they face their city rivals Arsenal in Dublin.
- The Blues need to convert their chances more after so much possession football.
Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has spoken about Chelsea’s performances thus far in the ongoing pre-season preparations ahead of the 2018/19 season. Chelsea beat Inter Milan on penalties after a 1 all draw at full time in Nice on Saturday.
The Blues will now face London rivals Arsenal in Dublin on Wednesday as Sarri continues to stamp his mark on his new squad. Sarri appeared impressed after the game, revealing that he has been encouraged by what he has seen thus far.
“I am satisfied and I saw in the match some things that we have tried in the training sessions. So far, so good.”
He also heaped praises on new signing Jorginho, revealing that he enjoyed working with the Italian midfielder.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
“He has technical ability but Jorginho also has a great mental speed, too. So for this way of football, I think Jorginho is a wonderful player.
“All over the pitch though we move the ball very quickly and we moved it well tonight, but not at the right speed. You have to move the ball at a great speed on the floor.
“Otherwise we risk to play for 90 minutes with 75 per cent ball possession but without scoring. That’s what we need to improve on.”
Pedro scored the opener for Chelsea against Inter Milan before Roberto Galiardini leveled the game. Cesar Azpilicueta scored the vital penalty kick that saw Chelsea emerge victorious from the tie after Caballero saved the spot kick by Milan Skriniar.
Chelsea now has a game against Arsenal on Wednesday, before the Community Shield game against City on Sunday.
SaveChelsea.net also reported that Bakayoko will be allowed to leave Sarri’s team this summer.
Chelsea is willing to let French midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko leave this summer amid interest from Serie A outfit AC Milan. Click the link to read more on Bakayoko and the terms of this move.
Do you think the Blues will continue to be impressive under Sarri?
Kindly post your comment in the box below.