New Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has spoken on the attributes of new summer signing from Napoli Jorginho insisting that the Italian will bring quicker tempo to Chelsea’s midfield.
In his chat for the first time since he arrived at the club, Sarri opened up about the qualities possessed by the player he managed during his time at Napoli.
Manchester City were favorites to sign Jorginho this summer, however, the player’s relationship with the manager influenced his decision to choose a move to Stamford Bridge over a move to the Etihad.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Chelsea will block Jorginho from joining Maurizio Sarri at Juventus
- Chelsea midfielder Jorginho could follow Maurizio Sarri to Juventus, hints agent
- It would surprise Jorginho if ice cool manager leaves.
- Chelsea Are Favourites To Sign Brazilian Sensation, Guimaraes
- Chelsea To Wait On Callum Hudson-Odoi
- Eden Hazard trains with team-mates ahead of Europa League clash against Slavia Prague
- Chelsea Identifies Barcelona Star To Replace Eden Hazard
- Carragher – Sarri is making Kante look average
- Does Sarri really need Kante for Sarriball
Jorginho who is one of the perfect players for the ‘Sarrismo’ a.k.a ‘Sarriball’ is Chelsea’s only summer signing thus far although more are expected. Sarri revealed the player’s qualities in a chat with chelseafc.com. He said:
“Jorginho is not a physical player,”
“He is a technical player. But the most important quality is that he is very quick in the mind. So he has the ability to move the ball very quickly.”
Jorginho who was born in Brazil is currently 26, and has played 8 times for Italy.