- Morata not top choice striker at Stamford Bridge.
- The Spaniard to be subbed by Giroud during each game, going forward.
- Alvaro Moratta has failed to be impressive in front of goal firing blanks all season.
Maurizio Sarri has revealed that Alvaro Morata is not a guaranteed starter at Chelsea.
The Spaniard will now be rotated with Olivier Giroud on a game-by-game basis and this will depend on the lineup and formation that the opposition puts up.
Morata had a bright start to life at Chelsea under Conte and hit double figures before Christmas last season.
However, since the turn of the year, the Spanish international is yet to make any significant contribution to Chelsea with goals. This prompted the arrival of Olivier Giroud from Arsenal.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Why Jose Mourinho should not return to Chelsea
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
Sarri whilst speaking ahead of Chelsea’s Europa League game against PAOK on Thursday said:
“In the last two weeks I have seen four matches of Cardiff and four matches of PAOK Salonika and for me, I thought [on Friday] Giroud was more suitable for this match and Morata more suitable for the other.”
“I don’t know now who will be the striker of the future. I think both, because we have to play 60 matches. For their characteristics, they are different. It depends on the kind of match. [Giroud] played very well without scoring, but very useful for his teammates, I think.”
Did you miss our story on Giroud and Morata as Sarri says he not worried about the duo. Click to read now.
Maurizio Sarri has insisted he is not worried about his misfiring strikers Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud. Morata has attracted heavy criticisms for his performance in front of goal this season having scored just thrice in 12 games while Giroud is yet to find the back of the net in 10 games.
Could this duo win the League for the Blues?
Kindly comment in the box below.