- Former Arsenal player thinks Sarri has been treated poorly at Chelsea.
- Sarri to leave for juventus despite the Europa success.
- Frank Lampard is the ideal replacement.
According to Lee Dixon former Gunners full back, Hazard’s impending departure to Madrid and Chelsea’s Transfer ban could mean that Sarri would take an exit to Turin as the Old lady has shown interest in appointing the Italian.
Maurizio Sarri lifts his first ever piece of silverware with Chelsea on Wednesday as Chelsea won the Europa League.
Sarri lead Chelsea to the final of the Carabao cup, also guided them to third position finish on premier league table and has now won the the Europa league. Despite this success Sarri has received criticism from the fans and raising banner for him to be sacked.
Dixon said he wouldn’t be surprised if Sarri decides to leave for Juventus open doors and reportedly keen on bringing him to Italy.
“I’ve been really impressed [by Chelsea],” he told BBC Radio 5 Live’s Football Daily podcast. “I think if you take your allegiance to whatever team, even Chelsea and Arsenal supporters, if you ask a neutral ‘did you want Sarri to do well tonight?’ They’d probably say yes because I think he’s handled himself really well.
“You’ve seen that passion from him this season when things have gone a little bit wrong. I don’t think that’s a bad thing, I think it shows he cares.
“And I think overall, people will be pleased that his team have done well tonight and I think what he’s come through, some of the things that went on, some of the things that have been talked about and said about him have been really unfair and I think he’s come through in flying colours.
“I wouldn’t be surprised if he said ‘do you know what, best player’s leaving, transfer window might not get in it, and all of a sudden Juventus looks pretty tempting right now.’”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Olivier Giroud defends Laurent Koscielny – but admits ‘not knowing’ details of Arsenal row
- Hudson-Odoi has a huge opportunity in front of him says Lampard
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge
- Lampard to reunite with Chelsea as he agree three years deal
- Derby County gives permission to Chelsea to hold talks with Lampard.
- Chelsea will block Jorginho from joining Maurizio Sarri at Juventus
- Pulisic would cut summer break to impress Lampard
- Chelsea clear way for Frank Lampard return by agreeing Maurizio Sarri deal
There is still two years on Sarri contract at Chelsea but with his fall out with the fans, It would be tough to retain Sarri for next season and Juventus is also interested in him.
Supporters chanted ‘f**k Sarriball’ and raised ‘Sarri out’ banner on number of occasions this season, with Manchester City thrashing Chelsea [6-0] and Bournemouth [4-0] added salt to the already sustained injury.
There are reports going around that former Chelsea player and Derby county manager Frank Lampard is fans favorite to replace Maurizio Sarri.
The 60-year-old Italian believes he deserves more and wants to retain his jobb at Chelsea dugout for the coming season.
“I need to talk to the club and make sure I know what I can do for Chelsea and what Chelsea can do for me,”
“I love the Premier League and I’m lucky I’m at Chelsea but at the end of each season you have to sit down and talk.
“In my opinion, I deserve to stay at Chelsea but my opinion is not enough.”
However, we recently reported that Sarri hold talks with Chelsea about his future.