Maurizio Sarri is staying true to his word to bring fun to Stamford Bridge, and has started creating a more relaxed feeling during training, reports have suggested. The squad have returned to Cobham after the one game in Australia against Perth Glory which they won by a goal to nil, as preparations continue towards the new season.
The Times suggests that Sarri has a new approach at Chelsea as opposed to Conte’s double sessions during pre-season with minimal ball work as the focus was more on tactical shape and organisation.
Sarri had initially planned a training session on Wednesday, but after being informed that the players had been invited to Fabregas’ wedding party this evening, he has now made tomorrow’s training optional.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
The players will be made to undergo rehab and a warm down on Tuesday as full training has been delayed till Thursday to allow the players to unwind, an approach that would not have been allowed during Conte’s time as manager at Stamford Bridge.
Although the manager has little time to work with the Chelsea squad and implement his Sarriball philosophy, he is apparently keen to adopt a more relaxed approach than Conte. He has allowed his players off time despite how near the season is to commencement.
Regardless, his philosophy might already be at work as new signing Jorginho made 98 passes in the first half of the game against Perth Glory. Sarri still has eyes on more signings with Gonzalo Higuain being sounded out, whilst being eager to have a face to face chat with Hazard, Willian, and Courtois in a bid to convince them to stay.