- The Spanish striker, Alvaro Morata sustained an injury while fielding for Chelsea in the UEFA Europa League.
- This news adds to the injury woes of Chelsea as Victor Moses, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Alvaro Morata all incapable to play due to injury.
- Chelsea boss, Maurizio Sarri is expecting news and reports regarding the degree of Morata’s injury.
Maurizio Sarri is waiting for news on the severity of the injury that Morata suffered in Chelsea’s last Europa League group game against Mol Vidi in Hungary on Thursday.
Olivier Giroud replaced the Spaniard in the first half of the game and went on to score the equalizer for the Blues to maintain their unbeaten run in the competition.
Chelsea is now going into the demanding period of the Premier League season with the upcoming rush of December fixtures and will need all their key men to be available.
If Morata is ruled out for a lengthy period, Giroud will definitely be fatigued in the upcoming games.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
“The first impression of the doctor (is) maybe it is not a serious injury.”
“But, of course, with this situation we have to wait and wait until tomorrow I think to see if the situation is serious.“
It can be recalled that Sarri outlined the difficulty of keeping his players motivated ahead of the inconsequential game from a Chelsea perspective.
Meanwhile, Ethan Ampadu put in a performance he’ll be eager to forget in a hurry after scoring an own goal to enable the home side draw level and cancel out Willian’s freekick goal.
Mol Vidi then raced into the lead in the 56th minutes after a brilliant volley by Loic Nego. Olivier Giroud scored a free-kick with 15 minutes to go to ensure that the Blues avoided an embarrassing defeat.
“We made a lot of mistakes from the tactical point of view. I am very happy with the character and with the reaction from the second goal.”
“On the pitch, there was a lot of young players so it wasn’t easy to react.”
“From the tactical point of view, we made a lot of mistakes. We lost a lot of balls. We can manage the ball better I think. In the end, especially with the young players, I am satisfied with the character.”
Speaking about Ampadu’s own goal, Sarri said:
“It is not the fault of Ampadu. I think he played a very good match, especially in a team like this.”
“I am really very happy with Ampadu and Callum Hudson-Odoi. Of course, they need to improve in every way, tactically and technically, but they are in the right way.”
SaveChelsea.net reported on the latest football news surrounding the transfer of Alvaro Morata to Barcelona. Barcelona defender, Jordi Alba would welcome his compatriot to the Camp Nou as it has been speculated that the Blues would be on the lookout for an ideal striker in the January transfer window.
Also read about Marina Granovskaia’s transfer wishlist at Chelsea this season.
Reports have reached us that Chelsea FC director Marina Granovskaia is currently working on securing a number of transfer targets for the club in the summer transfer window. The club appear to be lagging behind in transfer deals when compared to their rivals, she hope to pick up the notch more.
Could injured Morata affect the productivity of the team? Let’s have your views.
Kindly comment in the box below.