Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has ordered that Danny Drinkwater who is deemed surplus to requirements at the club should be offloaded.
Drinkwater is facing competition for a midfield place from Jorginho, N’golo Kante, Cesc Fabregas, Mateo Kovacic, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, and Ross Barkley.
The England international was absent from the matchday squad when Chelsea faced Huddersfield Town last weekend, and the Blues are looking to sell him abroad.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Inter Outline N’Golo Kante Stance Of Leaving Chelsea
- Chelsea Take Final Decision On Selling Ross Barkley
- Carabao Cup: Arsenal, Chelsea’s Possible Opponents
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- N’Golo Kante Makes Transfer Decision As Chelsea Reveals His Price Tag
Sarri has been ruthless with regards to the midfield positions at the club and has already seen Tiemoue Bakayoko join AC Milan on a season long loan.
The Chelsea boss has now signalled that Drinkwater can leave, although the only possible move presently is outside the Premier League.
Drinkwater joined Chelsea from Leicester City last season in a £35 million deal, but has struggled for a place due to injuries. He started just 5 games fro Chelsea in the league last term.
The player cannot also stay and fight for a place as Sarri has made it clear that he has no plans for him in the ongoing season.