- Mourinho to face former Club, now under Italian tactician Maurizio Sarri in this weekend encounter.
- The Blues has remained unbeaten under Chelsea’s new Italian manager.
- The Blues remain favorites to snatch the full 3 points at Stamford Bridge.
The Premier League will be seeing some ‘unfriendly’ reunions come to fruition in the Saturday lunchtime fixture when Chelsea welcome Manchester United to Stamford Bridge.
The Blues have been flying under new boss Maurizio Sarri and are currently unbeaten in all competitions, thus making them firm favorites for a win on Saturday.
However, the same cannot be said for Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United who has been faltering thus far. However, their last game against Newcastle at Old Trafford saw them claw back from a 2 nil deficit to win 3:2
Those encounters are normally defining moments for teams in a season. Could the Red Devils have turned the corner with that result? It remains to be seen when they file out against Chelsea.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
Meanwhile, Jose Mourinho has not had happy times at Stamford Bridge since he became Man United boss, and the former Chelsea boss in yet another return to his former club will be looking to correct this record.
The likes of Juan Mata and Romelu Lukaku will also be making a return to Stamford Bridge and will be looking to make it count by causing a major upset in this one.
Mourinho is a renowned killjoy and party pooper in games like this where he has been written off, and Maurizio Sarri and his men are definitely aware of this and will not take the game lightly.
Maurizio Sarri has seen his team adapt to his playing style but this game will be a very big test with Man United expected to sit back and hit on the counter, with some top class players in their ranks.
Everyone will be expecting a cracker of a game but Jose Mourinho might have other ideas.
Chelsea on the other hands will do themselves a lot of good by being patient in their build-ups and not leave spaces behind for Man United to exploit, regardless of how long they have to wait before they get a sniff of Man United’s goal.
An early goal will be very beneficial to Chelsea but Mourinho will be keen to avoid that seeing how it panned out for him on his first visit to Stamford Bridge with Manchester United.
All in all, regardless of the current form guide, this is a big game between two teams with top-class players.
Chelsea might be favorites on paper due to their recent run of form, but they’ll have to prove it on the pitch.
The Blues will be looking to garner all 3 points, remain unbeaten, and keep up the pace with their title rivals.
Man United will be looking to prove that they are no pushovers and also kickstart a possible challenge for the Premier League title.
Hopefully, the Blues do enough on the day and garner all 3 points. Stamford Bridge has been a bogey ground for the Red Devils for years, and hopefully, the trend continues.
Also, catch up on our story on our match against Manchester United, as the Red Devils confirm Fellaini will be fit for the clash.
Report reaching us suggests that Fellaini should be ready for the cracker as we lock horns with Man United. This is coming regardless of the midfielder’s absence from Belgium’s friendly 1 all draw against the Netherlands on Tuesday.