Chelsea are expected to start playing exciting football under new manager Maurizio Sarri.
However, the Italian tactician has admitted that it could take up to 3 months for the Blues to hit top form with the new playing style.
The Blues’ pre-season preparations were affected by the late return of the likes of Eden Hazard, Gary Cahill, N’golo Kante and Olivier Giroud.
The returning players played a part in the Blues’ last friendly game with Lyon in the International Champions Cup on Tuesday. The Blues emerged victoriously on penalties after a goalless draw.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- N’Golo Kante Makes Transfer Decision As Chelsea Reveals His Price Tag
- Frank Lampard Reveals Key Secrete To Transfer Success (Full Text)
- EPL: Tension In England Over Premier League Rule Change
- Pep Guardiola Thoughts About Messi Amid Chelsea And Manchester City Transfer Links
- Dean Henderson Speaks On Chelsea Transfer Links
- LATEST CHELSEA FOOTBALL TRANSFER NEWS FOR TODAY THURSDAY 13TH AUGUST
“I’m very happy I can work with all my players for the first time [on Wednesday],” said Sarri after Chelsea’s 5-4 penalty shootout victory.
“Potentially we can become, in two or three months, a very good team.
“They arrived yesterday or the day before so it was only because I think it’s better to play 25 minutes than to have a session alone with a physical coach.
“They have to work, obviously. I’m very happy and at last I can work with all my players for the first time [together] tomorrow. We have only three days to prepare for the next match and it will be very important for us.
“I think we have to work, but we started to work [together] two days ago. Potentially, in two or three months, we can become a very good team.”
Jorginho is the only major arrival at Stamford Bridge this summer. The club is also expected to sign Kepa Arrizabalaga from Atletico Bilbao before the transfer deadline in England.
This will allow wantaway goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois to complete his move to Real Madrid as widely reported. Sarri continued:
“I think I’m here just to talk about the match and the first question was about Courtois. I don’t know at this moment, I want to speak with my club and then all together we will decide. If I don’t know anything about Courtois I don’t know anything about Kepa.”