- Chelsea’s new boss; Sarri introduces new style of play he calls Sarriball.
The 2018/19 Premier League season has begun and the Blues faithful are set to see how their new look Chelsea team will fare with Sarriball in the Premier League.
Chelsea travel to the Kirklees’ Stadium to face Huddersfield this afternoon in the Premier League and David Wagner and his men will be eager to spring an opening day surprise for Sarri’s Blues.
However, Huddersfield will have a game on their hands as the Blues will be keen to get off on a winning start with Sarri, and also put last season’s opening day nightmare loss against Burnley at Stamford Bridge behind them.
Regardless, the Blues wouldn’t want to look down on the Terriers who almost stole a win but had to settle for a 1 all draw at Stamford Bridge last season in their last meeting to thwart Chelsea’s chances of a top-four finish.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Close Deal On Rennes Goalkeeper
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
These facts could come as good news to Chelsea fans.
- The Terriers are yet to beat Chelsea in their last 8 encounters, which have culminated in 5 wins for Chelsea, and 3 draws.
- Chelsea have beaten Huddersfield Town in the last 4 games they’ve played away to the Terriers.
- However, the club have not lost 5 consecutive home games to any club in the league and will be eager to avoid it today when the Blues come visiting with the intention of garnering all 3 points.
The Blues will come up with some new faces in the defensive and midfield positions as the likes of record signing goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga and Jorginho are likely to be handed starts in the game.
It’s left to be seen if Madrid loanee Mateo Kovacic will be handed a start today. However, it is expected that Chelsea’s midfield pairing in the course of the season will be Kovacic, Jorginho, and Kante.
The likes of Giroud, Hazard, Kante, and Willian are yet to attain full fitness based on reports, therefore, the possibility of an unfamiliar lineup could be in the cards.
Morata could also be set to lead the line for the Blues and prove his mettle this season although he fired blanks in pre-season.
This should be an exciting game, and we wait to see how the Blues cope with Sarriball in the Premier League. Today’s game will surely provide some pointers as to how the team will shape up this season.
However, David Wagner and his men stand on Chelsea’s path to garnering maximum points on the 2018/19 Premier League opening day. Hopefully, the Blues garner all 3 points and impress while doing it.
Also read our story oh how the Blues escapes with a vital lesson.
Early kickoffs in the Premier League are always known for upsets, shocking results and bizarre scenes. It’s also a fact that being favorites on paper doesn’t automatically translate into 3 points. You must play well for the win. Click the link to know the team that taught our Blues the needed lesson.