- Injury worries at the camp of Stamford Bridge as we face Liverpool.
- The duo of Antonio Rudiger and Pedro written out of the game.
Antonio Rudiger and Pedro are injury doubts for Chelsea in midweek when they face Liverpool at Anfield in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday.
Chelsea will play Liverpool twice this week and Sarri would like to have a decent squad to call on for the two games.
However, it seems very likely that the duo of Antonio Rudiger and Pedro will play no part for the Blues in midweek based on recent tweets from freelance injury analyst Ben Dinnery.
Maurizio Sarri has expressed hopes that Pedro will be available for the weekend game against the Reds, and this is a pointer that he has been ruled out from the Carabao Cup fixture.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Update on Rudiger’s injury
The Spaniard has been integral for Chelsea and has scored 3 goals in 5 games this term. He is a need for the side whose attack was lethargic against the Hammers.
Rudiger, on the other hand, limped off the during the game against West Ham with a hamstring problem.
However, Sarri has played down the severity of the injury by suggesting that days would be enough for the issue to clear up.
This also means that Rudiger will be absent for Wednesday but could be in contention for the game against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge this weekend.
It’s believed that finishing in the UCL places is a priority but it remains to be seen how Sarri and his team approach the Carabao Cup game with him still looking for his first managerial silverware
SaveChelsea.net earlier reported that Giroud has asked for more crosses from teammates for him to perform better and hit the back of the net.
Olivier Giroud laments on the lack of wing play at Chelsea which limited his chances of scoring in the goalless draw against West Ham on Sunday.