Chelsea have maintained their 100% record this term as they won their fourth game of the season against Bournemouth 2 nil.
The Blues have been lauded for their new playing style under new manager Maurizio Sarri after the departure of Antonio Conte.
However, Morata has scored just 1 goal in the Premier League in 4 games under the new system.
He has started all the games thus far, and Crooks has expressed the opinion that the new style of play at the club does not suit the Spain forward.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Alvaro Morata wants Madrid stay
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
Whilst writing in his column for BBC Sport, Crooks said:
“Chelsea have become a much nicer team to watch than they were under Mourinho, and to a lesser degree Antonio Conte.
“Nevertheless, it’s killing Alvaro Morata. For all of Chelsea’s fancy play, when is Morata going to get a decent ball into the box to attack?
“He’s not a Diego Costa and certainly no Didier Drogba but he is very capable of scoring goals with the right service, and Hazard and co need to start giving that.”
Regardless, Morata will be hoping to keep his starting spot when Chelsea return from the international break to face newcomers Cardiff City at Stamford Bridge.
The Blues will be eager to finish in the top 4 places under Sarri this term having missed out on the top 4 places last season.