Former player cum pundit Robbie Savage has predicted that Chelsea will finish third this season.
Recall that the Blues have spent over £200million so far improving their squad, bringing in the likes of Timo Werner, Kai Havertz, Hakim Ziyech, Ben Chilwell and Thiago Silva.
Notwithstanding Chelsea new squad, Savage is of the opinion that Blues will win premier title this season.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Lampard Offers Two Chelsea Players In Exchange For Declan Rice Deal
- Spurs Win Penalty Shootout Against Chelsea After Mount Miss
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Chelsea FIFA 21 Player Ratings With N’Golo Kante Highest-Rated On FUT 21
- Antonio Breaks Silence After Being Dropped In Liverpool Clash
- Havertz Remains Unfazed Over Expensive Tag Price
- Chelsea Fans Back One Of Last Season’s Stars To Outshine Werner And Havertz
He reasoned in his Mirror column: “Owner Roman Abramovich means business – he’s given manager Frank Lampard £230million to spend this summer and Chelsea have brought in serious quality.
“Hakim Ziyech, Timo Werner, Ben Chilwell, Thiago Silva and Malang Sarr will build on Lampard’s excellent first season in charge – but he needs a world-class goalkeeper.”
Savage tipped Liverpool to succesfully defend their crown, saying: “Jurgen Klopp is not the sort of manager to let the grass grow under his feet.
“They have stockpiled 196 points over the last two seasons and that defensive unit, with Virgil van Dijk at its heart, will be the foundation for more success. They have only lost four games out of the last 77 in the Premier League – that’s some going.”
The former Blackburn and Birmingham midfielder also believes Man United could challenge for the title, suggesting their rivals Man City will finish fourth.
“I can’t wait to see United’s midfield three of Bruno Fernandes, Paul Pogba and new signing Donny van de Beek supplying the ammunition for Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood and Anthony Martial,” he said. “Add a world-class centre-back and a top-class goalscorer and they will be the real deal.”
Speaking about Man City, he continued: “If Lionel Messi wasn’t staying at Barcelona, all bets would be off.
“City’s suspect back line has been shored up by £41million Nathan Ake and the 18-point gap to champions Liverpool last season looks a bridge too far.”