- Jean Seri to meet with Chelsea representatives.
- Nice midfielder received a bumper contract offer to lure him to the bridge.
Reports are rife that Chelsea FC have offered Nice midfielder Jean-Michel Seri a bumper contract to lure him to Stamford Bridge this summer. The player who is also being targeted by Arsenal and Manchester United will reportedly earn €5 million per year if he makes the move to Stamford Bridge.
Tancredi Palmeri has also disclosed that the club are set to hold further talks with the player and Nice today, with the Italian journalist claiming that the deal is pending on an agreement based on Conte’s exit.
Seri is a hot commodity in the transfer market after impressing with Nice following his move from Pacos de Ferreira in 2015. He has contributed 12 goals and 26 assists in his 123 appearances for Nice and looks to be on the move with his contract reaching expiration next summer. The player is available for £35.1 million due to a clause in his deal.
Seri’s agent told Sport Witness:
“Every year, there is a €40m clause that is valid until July 15th.
“Before then, they just have to offer the amount and there’s no need to have negotiations with Nice.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea star likens Reds defender to the best center half ahead of Super Cup clash
Meanwhile, Nice president Jean-Pierre Riviere has admitted that the club will not prevent Seri from a move if he wishes to.
“We are here to help players to improve, that is the case with him.
“Mika Seri is in the same category. A very good player who has brought a lot to the club and can legitimately have that desire to go and play abroad.”
savechelsea.net also reported that CHELSEA TO SPEND £200 MILLION ON JANUARY TRANSFERS
Reports suggest that Chelsea are planning to carry out transfers worth £200 million in January in order to prepare themselves for a possible 2-year ban from acquiring new players.