La Liga side Sevilla are eyeing a loan deal for Chelsea midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko ahead of the new season. The Frenchman failed to make the expected impact in his first season at Stamford Bridge after joining from Monaco in the 2017/18 season.
Bakayoko showed promise towards the end of last season but his future at the club still remains in doubt ahead of next month’s transfer deadline.
There is the possibility that he might play a role in Sarri’s team but the competition for places will be fierce as new arrival Jorginho, alongside the likes of Danny Drinkwater, Ross Barkley, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Cesc Fabregas will be vying for a place next to Kante on a consistent basis.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Fulham consider move for Bakayoko
- Milan threaten to return Bakayoko to Chelsea
- Fabinho – Chelsea must give Bakayoko a chance
- Winners and losers in Sarriball thus far
- Bakayoko arrives AC Milan for medicals
- More players will leave Chelsea on loan
- AC Milan to sign Bakayoko on loan
- Bakayoko will be allowed to leave this summer
- Sevilla interested in signing Bakayoko on loan
- Bakayoko expresses disappointment over Conte’s potential exit
It is likely that some of the aforementioned players could make moves away from Stamford Bridge to free up space, but Sevilla are keen on bringing Bakayoko to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan on a season-long loan deal.
Bakayoko earns around £6 million per season, and Sevilla have proposed to pay up to 90% of his wages in their bid to lure him to Spain. The Frenchman spoke on the difference between the game in the Premier League and the Ligue 1 shortly after his arrival.
He said: “I think it’s clearly superior in England, it’s more intense, the difficulty level is higher.
“There is no time to rest or drop the ball for one game, that’s clear and it becomes clearer with every game I play for Chelsea.