- Legendary EPL striker, Alan Shearer believes that Alonso deserved a red card for a rough tackle on Knockaert.
- Chelsea left-back, Marcos Alonso could have been red carded after he was shown a yellow card in the first half.
Alan Shearer has expressed the belief that Marcos Alonso should have received his marching orders during Chelsea’s 2:1 win against Brighton at the Amex on Sunday.
Brighton Boss Chris Hughton also felt the same, stating that the fullback should have been red carded after pulling Solly March who would have been through on goal.
According to Hughton, Alonso should have received a yellow card early in the game after a foul on Anthony Knockaert before the foul against March that saw him booked with a yellow card.
Shearer also made his opinions known by saying:
“I think he (Hughton) is 100% right. I think the reason he (Alonso) doesn’t get a yellow on this (the first) one is that it was after two or three minutes.”
“I don’t think it’s right that that’s the case, but it was so early in the game. He perhaps should have got one for that.”
“He definitely should have got one for the one on Knockaert. The referee’s got a clear view of it. He pulls him back and it should be a yellow card, no doubt about it.”
“And there’s an argument to say this (Alonso’s challenge on March) should actually be a red card.”
“The only thing I think that saves him is that the referee’s probably looking at the pace of the ball traveling in behind.”
“But I don’t think there’s a doubt that he (March) is going to get on the end of that if he (Alonso) doesn’t pull him back. He should have been off.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- Emerson “Only Thinks Of Chelsea” – Agent
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
The Italian could continue his false-nine tactics after successive wins against Manchester City and Brighton in the Premier League.
SaveChelsea.net also reported that Chelsea FC will punish fans who sang anti-Semitic chants in Mol Vidi.
Chelsea Football club has promised to take very strong action against any supporter who engaged in singing anti-Semitic chants during the club’s Europa League 2 all draw away to Mol Vidi in Hungary on Thursday night. Click the link above to read more.
Do you think Alonso deserve to get a matching order?
kindly comment in the box below.