Tottenham Hotspur won Chelsea 5-4 in a penalty shootout to progress in the League Cup following a 1-1 home draw in their fourth-round clash on Tuesday.
SaveChelsea reports that the Blue’s Mason Mount struck the post to miss the decisive fifth penalty after every other spot-kick had been converted.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard Offers Two Chelsea Players In Exchange For Declan Rice Deal
- Spurs Win Penalty Shootout Against Chelsea After Mount Miss
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- West Brom Vs Chelsea: Lampard Speaks On Starting Mendy Ahead Of Kepa In EPL Clash
- Chelsea FIFA 21 Player Ratings With N’Golo Kante Highest-Rated On FUT 21
- Antonio Breaks Silence After Being Dropped In Liverpool Clash
- Gareth Bale’s Return To Tottenham: What Chelsea Coach Thinks
- How Mason Mount Reacted To Chelsea Signing Kai Havertz – Lampard
Chelsea’s Germany forward Timo Werner scored his first goal for the club to fire them into the lead in the 19th minute, turning and lashing the ball into the net from the edge of the area after receiving a cut-back from Cesar Azpilicueta.
Chelsea’s new goalkeeper Edouard Mendy had a confident display in his first game since switching from Stade Rennes, making a good save to keep out a vicious shot from Spurs’ debutant Spanish left back Sergio Reguilon in the second half.
But Mendy was finally beaten in the 83rd minute when Reguilon turned in the box and found Erik Lamela, who controlled the ball at the far post before netting from close range to force the shootout in which Tottenham prevailed.