Chelsea fans had cause to rejoice on Monday ahead of the new season as the likes of Eden Hazard, N’golo Kante, Olivier Giroud, Gary Cahill, and Michy Batshauyi returned to training.
This is the first time that the players have trained with the club since their exertions in the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Chelsea have a new sheriff in town in Maurizio Sarri, and his Sarrismo footballing pattern is taking shape at Stamford Bridge.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- Christian Pulisic impresses in the Gold Cup
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Pulisic would cut summer break to impress Lampard
Although, they received a dose of reality when they lost to Manchester City in the Community Shield game.
Sarri had some key members absent, and so did Pep Guardiola. The game served to show that the new pattern at Stamford Bridge would need time to perfect.
Meanwhile, Eden Hazard and Willian who have been linked with summer exits, appear to be set to remain at the club.
Hazard returned on Monday, but Chelsea first choice goalie Courtois was AWOL heightening speculations of a move to Real Madrid.
The likes of Batshuayi and Giroud will offer Sarri more options in attack and is a welcome development for the Italian tactician.
Chelsea’s midfield workhorse Kante also played a part in training and this was a much-needed return as the game against City exposed some midfield flaws in the team.