Chelsea have started life under Sarri with 2 wins in 2 Premier League games.
Reports also suggest that Sarri has made many changes on and off the pitch since his arrival at Chelsea.
The Italian has overturned some of Conte’s rules such as allowing players to eat tomato sauce at lunch and moving to training later in the day.
However, Strachan believes that Conte should still be held in high regard than Sarri due to the number of trophies he has won.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Why Jose Mourinho should not return to Chelsea
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
According to him, If Conte says ‘don’t have tomato sauce’, it matters less because what he does brings trophies everywhere he goes.
“Antonio Conte is a top manager with top results at Juventus and Chelsea,” Strachan said on Sky Sports’ The Debate.
“So if Conte says ‘don’t have tomato sauce’, it doesn’t matter, because what he’s doing is bringing trophies everywhere he goes.
“That’s just his personality.
“If you watched him as a football player, he wasn’t the world’s greatest footballer but he was all over the place and he stood up against anybody.
“Now people are turning round and saying ‘Sarri is the best manager because they can have tomato sauce or the kids can come in’.
“Conte is a top, top manager so nobody should think that they’re getting an even better manager this season.
“I don’t think he is [better than Conte] but I’m telling you now Conte is a top manager.”
“In this day and age it changes all the time,” he continued.
“Is he a better manager then Jose Mourinho? No.
“Because Mourinho has won everything
“So at this moment in time, Mourinho is better.
“But because they have won the first two games and the training is a little bit later, he’s a genius all of a sudden and this guy [Mourinho] isn’t very good.
“But Mourinho certainly is a genius as well.”
Meanwhile, Chelsea will be hoping to garner maximum points as they make a trip to Newcastle which has been a bogey ground for the Blues.