- Chelsea travels to the liberty stadium to battle Swansea for crucial EPL fixture.
- Struggling Swansea side fight to avoid relegation with Blues struggling to secure a champions league spot.
- Spurs slip may give Chelsea a boost.
The Premier League continues this weekend as eyes will be on Antonio Conte’s Chelsea as they travel to the Liberty Stadium to lock horns with Carlos Carvalhal’s Swansea. Both teams still have much to play for as Chelsea will be hoping Spurs suffer another slip in this matchday’s fixture.
They look to catch up with their North London rivals in the race for the final spot in the UCL places, while Swansea will be looking to break farther away from the bottom 3, as they are just 4 points above Southampton with 5 more games to go.
Swansea haven’t won any of their last five Premier League games, and this is one of the major reason why they are yet to be-be safe from the relegation places despite how poor the sides below them have been.
Carlos Carvalhal’s breath of freshness when he assumed the helm at the Liberty seems to be diminishing as Swansea are still looking over their heads, and a defeat to Chelsea could spell further doom for the Welsh club.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- I can’t wait, i just want to get started- Christian Pulisic
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
Meanwhile, the Blues have not also been impressive going by the standards they set last season.
Tottenham are in pole position to maintain that fourth spot and Chelsea will have to rely on slips by the North London outfit while they win all their remaining games as Spurs lead with 5 points.
However, Chelsea’s qualification for the FA Cup final as well as Giroud’s recent contributions to the attack could help provide the momentum for Antonio Conte’s men.
Some Interesting stats ahead of the game.
Swansea have scored just 2 goals in their last 6 matches in all competitions. Meanwhile, last weekend’s FA Cup victory for Chelsea was their first clean sheet in 11 games.
Chelsea will do themselves some good to keep eyes on Jordan Ayew who has impressed since Carlos Carvalhal’s arrival despite Swansea’s struggles to break down opposition sides.
Swansea will also do themselves a lot of good to stifle the likes of Hazard and Willian, whilst on the lookout for the threats of Giroud and Morata.
Swansea are currently suffering a crisis in defense with the likes of Federico Fernandez and Kyle Bartley having to undergo scans ahead of the game to assess injuries.
Luciano Narsingh’s presence in the team is also in doubt, while the likes of Wilfred Bony, Leroy Fer, and Renato Sanchez are still undergoing treatment for sustained injuries.
Meanwhile, for Chelsea, neither Drinkwater nor Ampadu will play any part Antonio Conte’s side this weekend. Luiz is nearing his return. Olivier Giroud could be set for a start after an impressive return of 3 goals in his last 3 matches for the side.
Hopefully a win for the blues and Spurs dropping points on this Matchday will be another gift to help ‘saveChelsea’ from the Europa next season.
The Antonio conte’s side have struggle to replicate their title winning season, the blues has not only fail to defend their title they might miss out on champions league qualification for next season.
The frustrated coach has indicated his disappointment saying;
“I think this season we dropped many points in a stupid way – especially in games where we dominated and created many chances but we were not able to score more goals.”