- Terry will be allowed to decide if he wants to play against Chelsea or not if the club gain promotion to the Premier League
- Terry opted for Villa over other Premier League suitors, due to his reluctance to face the Blues
Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce has revealed that John Terry will be allowed to decide if he wants to play against Chelsea or not if the club gain promotion to the Premier League as he wants to trigger the 1-month option in his contract.
The Chelsea legend opted for Villa over other Premier League suitors, and this was partly due to his reluctance to face Chelsea, and Bruce has said that he won’t pick Terry against his old club if Villa seal promotion to the Premier League with a triumph over Fulham.
“We’ll not pick him against Chelsea if that’s he wants,”
said Bruce, whose Villa side face Fulham in the playoff final on Saturday.
“All those phone calls to him last summer, he hasn’t been disappointed with it. From the training ground, to the stadium, to the support, it has all the makings of a big club.
“He has been one of the great defenders of our country. He is a great leader of men, which we don’t produce many of any more. In a quiet way, he is not a ranter and a raver, he is not one who puts heads through doors. He hasn’t exceeded expectations, I just knew what he would give.
“I’m sure he will give it a good go if we get promoted and enjoy the challenge of it.”
Meanwhile, Terry has offered stability and leadership in 32 league appearances this season and Bruce has expressed hope that such traits will be on display and help in a vital triumph at Wembley.
“That’s what we’ve brought him for, not just to win a game on a Saturday but his overall contribution,”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Chelsea Make Final Transfer Decision On Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea To Wait On Callum Hudson-Odoi
- I WANT TO STAY AT CHELSEA – ANDREAS CHRISTENSEN
- On-loan Chelsea striker, Gonzalo Higuain Wants To Be At Stamford Bridge Next Season
- Danny Drinkwater arrested for drunk driving after crash
“He’s never let us down. What I realised straight away was I needed people who can handle playing for Aston Villa with the demand of a big club and intensity of a big club.
“Here you are straight under the pump. You have to play well and handle it. That is why I went down the route of bringing in the likes of [Glenn] Whelan and [Ahmed] Elmohamady, John Terry of course, [Mile] Jedinak.
“Slowly but surely we have tried to change it around. There were too many bad apples here and we haven’t got them any more.”
Savechelsea.net recently reported that David Luiz laments he was unwanted in Sarri’s team.
Also, click here to read more on Eden Hazard…