Chelsea are on the verge of completing their eight summer signing with the arrival of goalkeeper Edouard Mendy from Stade Rennes.
According to The Athletic, the 28-year-old will join for a fee in the region of €20m including €5million in add-ons.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Stations To Watch Every Chelsea Match On TV In 2020/2021
- Nicolas Tagliafico: Chelsea Interested In Ajax Left-Back
- Chelsea’s Writes Willian Ahead Of Arsenal Unveiling
The arrival of a new goalkeeper is understood to be a ploy from Chelsea to push out-of-form Kepa Arrizabalaga who has struggled since arriving at Stamford Bridge from Athletic Bilbao.
Mendy had only joined Ligue 1 side Rennes last summer from Reims but a move to west London presents a good opportunity for the 28-year-old to impress with the number one jersey seemingly up for grabs.