- French midfielder Jordan Veretout admits Kante is role model
- Kante has not cease to prove himself as a quality defensive midfielder in the world
A good number of Chelsea fans may still not know the kind of quality they have in French midfielder N’Golo Kante.
The diminutive combative French midfielder has been playing his part nicely at Stamford Bridge since his arrival at Stamford Bridge from Leicester City.
Kante has established himself as one of the best defensive midfielders in the world whilst also carving a niche for himself as a decent box to box midfielder.
The midfielder has seen his role in the Chelsea team altered under Maurizio Sarri who has pushed him further up the pitch to accommodate new signing Jorginho.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
Regardless, Kante has also been coming back to break up opposition play and also engage in effective high pressing.
He might not be adept in making attacking moves but this has not stopped him from being a role model to other footballers in his position.
This is so as French midfielder Jordan Veretout has spoken about his career and how Kante has influenced his play.
According to Veretout who plays as a utility midfielder for Serie A outfit Fiorentina, N’Golo Kante is his role model.
In a chat with Gazzetta dello Sport, when asked about his role model, he said:
“Kanté. I try to watch the games he plays to steal some secrets from him”.