- Olivier Giroud claims that Chelsea are not afraid of tough Liverpool defender, Van Dijk.
- Van Dijk has been instrumental in Liverpool’s playing form this season.
- The Netherlands international would lead the Liverpool defense in tomorrow’s match.
Ahead of Chelsea’s crucial match with Liverpool, Olivier Giroud, has hinted that the Blues are not afraid of Van Dijk.
Virgil Van Dijk is in top form for Jurgen Klopp’s side since his arrival last season. The Netherlands star has helped Liverpool to concede the least number of goals (20 goals) in 33 Premier League matches this season.
On the other hand, the Blues are third on the Premier League table with 66 points but will attempt to terminate the expectations of Liverpool fans just like they did in 2014. In 2014, Chelsea defeated Liverpool 2-0, courtesy of a slip Steven Gerrard which set Demba Ba free on goal.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Carabao Cup: Arsenal, Chelsea’s Possible Opponents
- We Know How To Beat Liverpool, Lampard Brags
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- N’Golo Kante Makes Transfer Decision As Chelsea Reveals His Price Tag
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
Olivier Giroud has played a vital role in Chelsea’s quest for the UEFA Europa League and has netted 11 goals in all competition for Chelsea this season (9 of them were scored in the Europa League). The French forward scored the only goal for Chelsea in their 1-0 victory over Van Dijk’s Liverpool last year.
Giroud admitted the hot form of Van Dijk is not a reason why Chelsea should fear him.
“I’ve played against him personally a few times and it has always been a tough position because he is very good and very strong, but I’ve scored a few goals playing against his teams,” said Giroud.
“I lost against him when we played the Netherlands recently, but I won last year and scored at Stamford Bridge, and scored the winner at the Stade de France against the Netherlands a few months ago.”
“We don’t have to be scared and no matter who plays we will be 100 per cent focused on winning the game.”
Also, SaveChelsea.net reported that Andreas Christensen wants Chelsea stay.
The Denmark defender is one of hottest properties in the Premier league and is subject of a move away from Stamford Bridge.
Christensen cooled down exit rumors by admitting that he wants to remain at Chelsea.