Frank Lampard, has said the Blues are capable of beating defending Premier League champions, Liverpool.
SaveChelsea reports that Lampard is relishing the prospect of playing Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, despite losing both encounters in 2019-20.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Lampard Offers Two Chelsea Players In Exchange For Declan Rice Deal
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard Reveals How Petr Cech Is Helping Solve Chelsea’s Goalkeeping Woes
- West Brom Vs Chelsea: Lampard Speaks On Starting Mendy Ahead Of Kepa In EPL Clash
- What Frank Lampard Told Havertz About Football Royalty
- Chelsea Vs Barnsley: Lampard Gives Injury Notice On Ziyech, Pulisic, Chilwell
- Why Frank Lampard Got It Wrong For Chelsea’s Defeat To Liverpool – Gary Neville
The Blues did, however, win their FA Cup showdown and wants to show no fear hosting the champions on Sunday.
Lampard claimed: “I am very excited. Liverpool were clearly the best team in the league last year, they won it by a long way.
“But every game we played against them we really competed well.
“We beat them in the FA Cup and lost pretty narrowly in both league games where we made a really good account of ourselves.
“I’m excited for us to see how the players match up against them and see where we’re at.
“We have some new players now, we are slightly short on fitness. I think our pre-season has been one of the hardest in the league.
“Liverpool have been training a couple of weeks more than us, but what a great early opportunity to match up against them and see what we can do.
“We have to be confident, we can’t fear Liverpool, we respect them, but we will believe in ourselves.”