Reports from the Daily Mirror suggest that West Ham have joined Crystal Palace and Southampton in the race to sign Chelsea midfielder and England international Danny Drinkwater.
Drinkwater who joined Chelsea 12 months ago for £35m is free to leave the club having failed to make any impact at Stamford Bridge.
The England international hardly got games to his belt under Conte, amid injury worries. However, Sarri is set to let go of the former Leicester midfielder.
Southampton and Palace are believed to have expressed interest in the midfielder but have now been joined by Manuel Pellegrini’s West Ham.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- I told Drinkwater In August That He Wasn’t Needed In My Team – Sarri
- Eden Hazard trains with team-mates ahead of Europa League clash against Slavia Prague
- Danny Drinkwater arrested for drunk driving after crash
- Drinkwater in no rush to leave the Blues
- Europa exertions played no part in West Ham draw
- Blues name Europa squad, Drinkwater misses out
- Sarri wants Drinkwater to leave
- More players will leave Chelsea on loan
- West Ham eye move for Danny Drinkwater
- Who’ll rule London in the 2018/19 PL season?
The Hammers have shown intent ahead of the new season with some quality recruitments after the arrival of Pellegrini and will definitely be the overwhelming favorites to get a deal done for Drinkwater.
They were initially interested in Andre Gomes but the player sustained an injury and is facing a long spell on the sidelines.
Therefore, the Hammers have now turned their attention to Drinkwater who is apparently surplus to requirements under Sarri.
Drinkwater made just 13 appearances for Chelsea in the Premier League last season.