Tammy Abraham says he was over the moon after scoring twice to help Chelsea defeat Norwich over the weekend.
The Blues came into the game after losing its first English Premier League game of the season against Manchester United and drawing the second against Leicester City.
Lampard’s side had also lost the UEFA Super Cup in a thrilling penalty shoot-out this season.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
Speaking on his performance, Abraham said,
‘I was over the moon!’ beamed Tammy. ‘It’s something I always dreamed about as a young kid going to Stamford Bridge. I didn’t really know how to celebrate, I just ran over to the manager to thank him and the staff.
‘It’s always nice to have that support behind you, especially how he [Lampard] supports the young lads. He gives us confidence. When a coach believes in you, you just want to do your best and give 100 per cent.
‘I have always believed in myself,’ added Abraham.
‘I know I have had a bit of a sticky time at the start of the season, but I’m someone who doesn’t let that affect me. It drives me on. Now I have scored two good goals and hopefully I can keep scoring for Chelsea.
‘This is football at the end of the day. You just have to enjoy it as much as you can. It’s not a long career, so while you’re out there you just have to give your best and just enjoy it.’
‘It was my first goal outside the box!’ he said.
‘I saw space to run in to. Kovacic found me with a good pass. I got it onto my stronger side and took the shot from outside the box. It turned out to be a good finish.
‘We went into the dressing room at half-time and said we needed to stay in the game, stay patient, defend well, and we would get another goal. That’s what we did.
‘We knew we needed to win. The first two games of the season was never easy. This game was very important and to get the three points is massive.’